The Proposal Development Unit (PDU) exists to provide consulting proposal developers to support faculty producing large-scale proposals for graduate fellowships and multidisciplinary research. As part of the commitment of NC State’s Research Development Office to developing and facilitating faculty research, there is no charge to departments or colleges for PDU services. The PDU supports only multiple-investigator proposals over $1 million.
What services does the PDU offer?
Services offered may include any or all of the following:
- Consultation on proposal strategy;
- Project team meeting facilitation to clarify project goals, implementation plans, and budget;
- Management of proposal schedule and communications;
- Location of additional faculty expertise and resources;
- Planning and writing non-technical portions of the proposal (e.g., diversity, K-12 outreach, management, broader impacts, international program logistics, assessment, technology transfer, and/or economic development);
- Institutional data acquisition;
- Proposal drafting, editing, and formatting;
- Budget/justification preparation (including coordination of subcontract budgets) and submission for college research office approval;
- Collection and formatting of CVs, current and pending support forms, conflict-of-interest lists, and other information required from each participating researcher;
- Drafting of letters of support/commitment for NCSU and partner organization officials;
- Electronic submission on PINS, Grants.gov, NSF FastLane, etc.;
- Funding agency site visit coordination.