- Meeting Info – Agenda and Minutes
- Executive Officers and Members
- Professional Development Opportunities for NC State Research Administration staff
- Join RSC Listserve
- New Employee “Welcome Basket”
- New Employee Glossary of Research Acronyms and Terms
- 2008 RSC Survey (Results Summary,
- “Celebrate our Research Staff” Seminar Series
The Research Support Council is comprised of members from each academic college and from institution-level Centers, Institutes and Laboratories; and representatives from the Office of Contracts and Grants, Grant Application Management System, Research Administration and SPARCS. The charge of the Council is to develop procedures for the implementation of policies, regulations, training for new hires, and continuous training for personnel involved in research and other sponsored activity administration. The Council is lead by a Steering Committee comprised of the Research Operations Coordinator, the Assistant Director of Operations for Contracts and Grants, and three unit-level members of the Research Support Council.
Vision for Research Support Council (RSC)
To meet the requirements of faculty, the university, sponsors and administrative personnel through effective and cooperative leadership in implementing sponsored research activities, training and continuous improvement in practices and processes.
Mission for Research Support Council (RSC)
To support the Vision Statement by fostering a professional body of administrative personnel working together to facilitate sponsored activities while protecting faculty, university and sponsor interests.
RSC will proactively foster professionalism by ensuring effective leadership, training, cooperation and communication for all those involved in research and its administration aimed at continuous improvement of the processes and practices from the proposal preparation through the final payment and archiving.
RSC adopts the following goals to support the mission and vision by:
- Fostering professionalism through the Research Administration Program Certification and the National Certified Research Administrator (CRA) support programs
- Fostering cooperation with faculty, college and university research offices, centers, institutes and laboratories, campus organizational units, sponsors, to support sponsored activities.
- Providing a mechanism to facilitate effective and efficient communications.
- Actively and continually evaluating progress toward these goals.