As a research administration staff member at NCSU, you may wish to participate in some Professional Development opportunities. Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification, through Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC), conferences and webinars hosted by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), the Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) and its local chapter – NCSRA offer many professional development opportunities throughout the year.
In addition, the offices of Sponsored Programs and Regulatory Compliance Services (SPARCS) and Contracts and Grants (C&G) offer topic-specific training tailored to your college or department, along with hosting federal sponsor and professional society webinars here at NCSU. If you are interested in having either SPARCS or C&G (or both) come to your college or department to talk with your staff / faculty on pre-award, post-award or regulatory compliance topics, please contact these training facilitators.
- Debbie Shoe, 515-7512
- SPARCS (Pre-Award and Regulatory Compliance training)
- Debbie Vogel, 513-8140
- C&G (Post-Award training)
Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
- Body of Knowledge
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA)
- NC Training Consortium
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI)
- NC Chapter of Society of Research Administrators (NCSRA)
- National Conference on College Cost Accounting (NACCA)
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
Research Administration Resources
- SPARCS Training Opportunities and Tutorials
- eLearning Training System Information
- University-Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP) – Contracting ‘How To’ webinar series (2012) – if you would like to have access to this recorded series of individual webinars that you can watch at your own computer, contact Debbie Shoe.
- New Employee “Welcome Basket” (Resource)
- Glossary of Research Terms
- Webinars – contact Debbie H. Shoe about current offerings and reshowing of past webinars
Other Campus Training Opportunities
- Human Resources – Training and Organizational Development
- Financial Services
- Personal and Professional Skills Development
- Safety Training Programs
- Computer & Technical
If you have any questions about Research Administration Training, please direct them to Debbie Shoe.