Responsibilities of the Committee are to advise the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Programs and to:
- Bring encouragement and support to the intellectual and research interests of members of the faculty so as to enhance their opportunities for professional growth and to enrich their teaching experience;
- Develop policies and procedures for the administration of research supported either by contractual arrangement or special grants, gifts or bequests, and to work toward the continued improvement of these policies and their implementation;
- Develop consulting policies and practices and to work toward their continued improvement;
- Keep the faculty informed on the availability of support for research and professional development and to assist as it can in securing such support; and
- Recommend for the approval by the Chancellor the allocations to be made from the Faculty Research and Professional Development Fund.