Determine if the collaborator is a subrecipient or contractor by completing the FDP Checklist. Once the prime award has been received by NC State University, if the collaborator is a contractor, contact Materials Management for assistance. If the collaborator is a subrecipient, prepare a Subrecipient Proposal Package to upload in PINS.
Subrecipient Proposal Package Components
- FDP Checklist
- Letter of intent signed by an authorized official
- Statement of work
- Itemized budget
- Budget justification
- Federally negotiated indirect cost rate agreement
- CV of key personnel
- Add each subrecipient named in the proposal to PINS under the “Sponsors/Subs/Deadlines” tab. If subrecipient is not available in the table, click on “Request New Subrecipient”.
- Upload the Subrecipient Proposal Package in PINS.
- Review the Subrecipient COI question and Representations and Certifications language in the PINS approval tab.
- Once the proposal is imported into RADAR, a subrecipient questionnaire is sent to the subrecipient to begin the risk assessment process.
Once the prime award/account set up is complete, a PMR “Subaward (New)” can be initiated. Make sure you have Sponsor approval to issue the subaward. If not, initiate a PMR “Other” and upload the Subrecipient Proposal Package. Once Sponsor approval is obtained by SPARCS, a PMR “Subaward (New)” must be initiated to actually issue the subaward.
If the Subrecipient Proposal Package in PINS/RADAR is current, do not it upload again in the PMR System. If any document in the Subrecipient Proposal Package has been revised since it was uploaded in PINS/RADAR, please upload the revised documents in the PMR.
- If the subaward involves human subjects or animals, upload the subrecipient’s IRB/IACUC approval or indicate in the comments of the PMR that a protocol is pending.
- Approve the PMR and send for secondary review (CRO).
- CRO sends the PMR to SPARCS for processing.
- For rush requests, please include an explanation that will allow SPARCS to manage appropriately.
- A risk assessment is completed on all new subawards.
- Subaward is drafted, negotiated and fully executed.
- Subaward is uploaded in the PMR and the PMR is approved.
- Subaward is sent to Office of Contracts and Grants for account set up.
- Subaward modifications follow similar Post-Award steps. A PMR “Subaward (Modify)” can be initiated when needed.
Subaward modifications that request additional funding, a deobligation or a rebudget must include an itemized budget uploaded in the PMR.