In Spring 2022 CMIF HQ will move to the Plant Science Building. This is an exciting expansion and a new milestone for CMIF. The new suite in the PSB will be equipped with state of the art microscopes and peripherals and we would like to share with you a few details on what will be available in the near future.
Here is a list of workstations that will be available in phase 1:
- Olympus VS200 Slide Scanner temporarily set up in 4115 Gardner Hall, will move to Centennial Campus (PSB). High throughput slide scanner for brightfield and fluorescence. Color camera and ORCA Fusion b/w sCMOS camera. Filtersets for DAPI, FITC, TRITC, Cy5 and Cy7. Wide range of objectives from 4x to 100x. Acquired through NCBC grant (PI: Troy Ghashghaei).
- Leica Stellaris confocal microscope – inverted microscope with x,y scanning stage and galvanometer z-stage, adaptive focus control, pulsed white laser 440-790 nm and 405 nm diode laser; low noise HyD detectors with gating and photon counting, extended range detectors for Cy7, fast quantitative FLIM (FALCON), OKO stage top incubator
- Zeiss LSM 980 with Airyscan 2 with Picoquant FLIM/FRET – Inverted Axio Observer.7 with Definite Focus.3, full range of high end objectives with DIC, laser lines: 405, 445, 488, 514, 561, 640nm, 2PMTs + 4 GaAsp PMTs, scanning x,y stage, fast z-piezo stage, AI sample finder, automation via “tile and position” plug in, Airyscan Multiplex SR-8Y (8x faster than regular scanning has improved resolution und S/N), live cell incubation. Picoquant addition: 4 pulsed lasers: 440/483/560/640 nm, 2 detectors, PicoQuant Symphotime software. Picoquant system is superior system for quantitative FRET/FLIM analysis of challenging samples with low signal.
- Leica LMD7 (laser microdissection) and Leica CM3050 cryotome – Acquired through USDA grant, lead PI: Justin Whitehill. Leica LMD7 Laser Microdissection System with a dissection and collection unit, 8-fold fluorescence cube changer, Leica LED3 LMD fluo-cubes, Leica DFC7000 T Color camera, Leica DFC9000 GT Fluorescence Camera, 25x Plan fluotar for bright field (BF), 5x plan UVI microdissection for BF, 20x plan fluotar LWD for BF & DIC, 40x plant fluotar XT LWD for BF & DIC, 63x fluotar XT LWD for BF & DIC, 100X HC fluotar for Bf & DIC,3D deconvolution, 3D visualization and analysis
- Leica Thunder for Model Organisms – high end dissecting microscope with scanning stage and multiple objectives; brightfield, fluorescence, deconvolution and optical clearing. Leica DMC6200 color camera and Leica DFC9000 sCMOS b/w camera.
- Leica S9 Stereo Microscope with color camera, used for prep work, no fluorescence. Brightfield, darkfield, polarized light, lower end color camera
We will continue to support the main campus community and anticipate that existing equipment will stay there.