Office of Research and Innovation
- Research and Innovation units continue to provide critical services remotely. Contact staff via email with inquiries.
- Core facilities are resuming operations at a reduced capacity, please work through your colleges to gain access as part of the research restart process.
- To submit research delivery exception requests, please refer to the information on this page.
- Information about amending your human subject research (IRB) protocol to continue virtual research activities and submitting new protocols to the IRB please find can be found here.
- Research and Innovation plans to maintain funding commitments, including internal seed-funding programs. We will continually reevaluate such programs as necessary and keep the campus community updated.
- Environmental Health and Safety have prepared a restart checklist.
- Face coverings or masks are required on campus and in all university programs.
- If an NC State employee observes something that compromises the health and well-being of themselves or others, they can make an anonymous report using the university’s Ethics Point hotline.
- Guidance regarding travel restrictions.
- Environmental Health and Safety have created a guide for supervisors of employees that have tested positive or presumed sick.
- Employees that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 should use the self-reporting tool.
- Contact Facilities to install plexiglass barriers where necessary.
- Visit the EHS site for continually updated information about lab safety.
- How to clean and disinfect your work area
- Laboratory restart checklist
- If you would like to request special accommodations while in research space please submit a Special Circumstance Review.
- If working between 10 pm and 4 am you can request an escort to an on-campus location, call 919-515-3000 or use a Blue Light Emergency Phone found at many locations across campus.
- For direct assistance by phone – Ken Kretchman – 919-515-6860 or 919-795-1416 and Amy Orders 919-515-5208 or 919-795-1129.
- For direct assistance by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Question Submission
- These interactive maps allow you to move around the map using your left mouse button and zoom using your scroll wheel. If you do not have a scroll wheel, double click to zoom in and control-double click to zoom out. The color map moves from blue (fewer) to yellow (more). Hovering over the building shows the building name, the total approved capacity for research, the maximum approved per shift, and the unique PIs with approved exceptions in the building. Thanks to V. Petras from the Center for Geospatial Analytics for creating the maps.
- Map of Approved Maximum Approved Per Shift for Research. The counts are computed by identifying the rooms within the building with approved research requests and summing their maximum total personnel per shift. This is the maximum number of people who should be in a building at any one time with approved research requests.
- Map of Unique Principal Investigators. The counts are computed by identifying the unique principal investigators for approved research requests in a building.
All communications with external sponsors regarding project impacts from COVID-19 must be coordinated with the Sponsored Research office. Proposed communications should be routed through your college research central office representative and then through SPARCS per usual business practice for review.
The NC State University Libraries offers extensive research support services including literature searching; data and visualization services; and support for online research collaboration and open sharing of results. As research outputs circulate more quickly online, we consult with researchers on best practices for scholarly sharing (e.g., pre-prints, open access journals, data publishing), developing supplementary digital scholarship projects, and tools/workflows for distributed, open, collaborative scholarship. Our Coronavirus Response page describes the online collections and services available for researchers. If you need something else, just Ask Us.
- Animal Care and Use: email@example.com
- Conflicts of Interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract and Grant Help Desk: email@example.com
- Export Control: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Subjects: email@example.com
- Sponsored Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not sure who to contact? email@example.com