The Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program is designed to bring together the brightest minds in a range of academic disciplines and give them the support to tackle global issues. These faculty clusters within the program have a particular emphasis on data science.
- Data-Driven Science
- Geospatial Analytics
- Precision Medicine
- Visual Narrative
- Digital Transformation of Education
- Microbiomes and Complex Microbial Communities
Centers and Institutes
NC State has many centers and institutes that use data to solve problems. These five illustrate the broad range of issues that NC State researchers address using data science.
- Laboratory for Analytic Sciences
- North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies
- Center for Educational Informatics
- Bioinformatics Research Center
- Center for Geospatial Analytics
NC State Libraries are a key player in research enablement through data and visualization spaces, consulting and training, and event series.
NC State provides a range of hardware and software resources to support data science teaching and research.