Posted: 1/5/2023 | Anticipated Hiring Range: $110,000-$115,000
The GES Center is seeking an interdisciplinary scholar with a PhD in the social or natural sciences, STS, and/or the humanities with expertise in emerging biotechnologies and their interactions with society, and significant experience engaging with diverse stakeholders, as well as leading projects and events. Responsibilities to include:
- Working with multi-sector and inter-disciplinary teams to develop and lead grant applications to foundations and government agencies.
- Managing the GES external advisory committee.
- Developing novel communication materials (e.g. blogs and policy briefs) at the nexus of science, policy, technology and society, as well as help to summarize work of other faculty, students, and staff for public audiences.
- Building and maintaining relationships with local, state, and national, and international stakeholder groups.
- Helping to supervise postdocs and graduate students working with GES on outreach, engagement, and policy briefs/reports.
- Developing and managing events for campus and external audiences (e.g., conferences, workshops, and seminars).
Learn more and apply at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/176533
As an interdisciplinary hub, the GES Center is proud to be home to dozens of affiliated NC State faculty from many different colleges, departments, and programs. If you are interested in joining us, please complete the form linked below, and we will get in touch.
See also: GES Affiliation Details →GES Faculty and Postdoc Affiliation Form (please complete)