DRAFT/UNDER CONSTRUCTION, CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES 7/12/18
Here are some strategies from CRA’s to help as you begin your journey to Certification.
- Read Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200…. in its entirety
- Memorize the Outline of Uniform Guidance
- Create Flashcards / Quizlet
- Find a Study Buddy
- Take a Practice Exam
- Attend the RACC review class
- Get to know ALL Federal Agencies, what is their mission, how are they organized and what are their systems for pre and post-award, especially NIH, NSF, USDA, DOE, DOD
- Understand Export Controls – Embargo, Sanctions, ITAR, know the agencies ie. commerce, interior, etc.
- Understand Clinical Trials – the different phases, the regulations, the risks
- IRB-including history of why it began (Nuremberg Trials)
- IP- Tech transfer, patents, iEdison
- SBIR / STTR
- IACUC- OLAW, USDA,
- Biosafety-committee, levels of labs ie. Biocontainment 4
- Federal Contracting
- Federal Regulations/Acts Bayh-Dole, Davis-Bacon, Fly America, HIPPA
A few days before your test date we recommend driving to the test center.
The day of the test, be prepared to sit at the computer for this test for up to 4 hours, you might want to bring a sweater as the testing centers can be cold.
The testing center will provide a calculator, scratch paper, and silencing headphones the day of your exam.