OTCNV provides resources to NC State startups as they launch and scale businesses based on university innovations. New Ventures is:
- A sounding board for faculty and researchers evaluating a startup opportunity
- A network facilitator and organizer to connect strategic partners, the NC State startup ecosystem, and active entrepreneurs and investors.
- An education provider of workshops on topics supporting company creation and launch, including spin-out basics from the University, NSF Innovation Corps awards, and Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants
- A marketer of technologies suitable for entrepreneurs to launch new companies.
New Ventures works with many university and external partners including:
- The Entrepreneurship Clinic
- The Wolfpack Investor Network (WIN)
- Entrepreneurship Initiative (EI)
- Engineering Entrepreneurship Program (EEP) in the College of Engineering
- The Entrepreneurship Collaborative (TEC) in the Poole College of Management
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED)
- North Carolina Biotech Center (NCBC)
- Wireless Research Center of North Carolina
- NC SBTDC – Your Business Better