Early stage startup companies greatly benefit from access
to individuals with entrepreneurial experience and domain expertise.
The Office of Technology Commercialization and New Ventures’ (OTCNV) Executive-in-Residence (XIR) program pairs experienced industry executives with NC State faculty and entrepreneurs who are involved in the launch of a startup company for continued coaching and guidance.
We encourage our XIRs to develop close ties with our inventors, entrepreneurs, and OTCNV team in order to help further develop our most interesting technologies and to identify potential opportunities that may be appropriate for a startup.
- Review and provide input on NC State’s unlicensed intellectual property to identify untapped opportunities
- Provide guidance to faculty and student entrepreneurs looking to create startups
- Meet with NC State inventors looking for commercial perspective relating to their inventions
Meeting once a month, our XIRs listen to participating teams’ pitches and then offer feedback, with the aim of finding a relevant company that they can volunteer time to advise.
2017 Executive-In-Residence Dates
Thursday, 2/23 2:00-4:00
- Dr. Ke Cheng – Lung Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine startup
- Dr. Zhen Gu and Dr. Jay Wang, CEO Zenomics – Smart Insulin Patch
Thursday 3/22 Cancelled
Thursday, 4/13 2-4pm
- Dr. Ruoying He & Jeniffer Warrillow – Virtual Marine Ecosystem: the Ocean, at Your Fingertips
- Dr. Binil Starly & Atin Angrish – B2B Web Platform for Matching Designers and Manufacturers
- Dr. Xiaoning Jiang – Intravascular Acoustic Angiography
- Sanctuary Systems – Environmentally Conscience Products Based on Fiber Technology
- Dr. Thomas Miller – NExS Network Extended Spreadsheets software platform
- Dr. Behnam Kia – InfinityGates – Chaos Computing processor architecture and integrated circuits
- VitalFlo – Low-cost, portable spirometer that can potentially predict asthma attacks
- SinnovaTek – Provider of turnkey solutions for the food manufacturing business, with expertise in providing advanced thermal processing equipment to food manufacturers
- Agile Sciences – a pre-clinical biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering an entirely new mechanistic approach for the treatment of antibiotic resistant, life-threatening infections
- Vector Textiles – has created an insecticide-free, customizable protective clothing system that defends against biting insects, including mosquitoes and ticks.
Past and Present XIRs