The NCSU Libraries provides free guidance to NC State faculty, staff, post-docs, and students on creating and implementing data management plans. Their consultation includes:
- reviewing and providing advice on documenting data types and standards for data description;
- identifying options for short-term storage and long-term preservation;
- sharing and access considerations; policies for re-use and re-distribution; and
- defining responsibilities for carrying out the data management plan.
Resources to Get Started
- Visit the NC State Data Management Planning guide.
- Review the main components of a data management plan.
- See what different funding agencies expect to see in a data management plan.
- Draft your own DMP, or use the DMPTool to create a downloadable draft.
- Submit your draft to the NCSU Libraries staff by filling out a short form.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests for one-on-one consultations or group workshops.