NEW! Research Administration has purchased a web-based system for submission, review and approval of animal care and use activities called eProtocol. This system will replace the IACUC’s current email-based document submission and review process. Important dates to mark on your calendars include:
- June 15 – 30, due to technical difficulties we have been forced to delay the “go live” date. The IACUC will accept protocol applications, amendments and other IACUC documents on the current AVAU and associated forms.
- July 1 The IACUC will accept brand new and 3-year renewal (full) applications through the eProtocol system only. Watch this page for further information on submitting amendments and first- and second-year renewals.
Training is being offered in May; for more information on dates, times and registration, please visit our new IACUC eProtocol webpage.
All applications for vertebrate animal use and all amendment forms should be submitted by email attachment in MSWord format to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about your submission, please contact Judy Schledorn (email@example.com, 919.515.7507) or Paula DeLong (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919.515.9532).
- Application for Vertebrate Animal Use (no longer used)
- Annual Renewal Form
- Animal Care and Use Protocol Amendment
- Classification of Animal Use by Pain and Distress Categories
- Procedures for Decapitation as a Means of Euthanasia for Mice and Rats
- Guideline for Blanket Protocols
- Meeting the Information Requirements of the Animal Welfare Act (Guidance for Consideration of Alternatives)
- IACUC eProtocol