NEW! Research Administration has purchased a web-based system for submission, review and approval of animal care and use activities called eProtocol. This system will replace the IACUC’s current email-based document submission and review process. Important dates to mark on your calendars include:
- June 3 – 8, existing data is transitioned and systems are down for testing; protocols can still be submitted and reviewed via current processes (AVAU form Word document to IACUC@ncsu.edu).
- June 9, you will be required to submit your new requests for animal use in research, testing and teaching using this new electronic system.
Training is being offered in May; for more information on dates, times and registration, please visit our new IACUC eProtocol webpage.
All applications for vertebrate animal use and all amendment forms should be submitted by email attachment in MSWord format to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about your submission, please contact Judy (Lassiter) Schledorn (email@example.com, 919.515.7507) or Paula DeLong (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919.515.9532).
- Application for Vertebrate Animal Use
- Annual Renewal Form
- Animal Care and Use Protocol Amendment
- Classification of Animal Use by Pain and Distress Categories
- Procedures for Decapitation as a Means of Euthanasia for Mice and Rats
- Guideline for Blanket Protocols
- Meeting the Information Requirements of the Animal Welfare Act (Guidance for Consideration of Alternatives)
- IACUC eProtocol