There are two ways to report your concerns. Please choose one of the following:

  1. Contact the Office of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee at 919.515.7507 or e-mail or Campus Box 7514. Talk to the IACUC Administrative Officer, Judy Schledorn.
  2. Contact the University Attending Veterinarian, Dr. Gabriel McKeon at 919. 513.6638 or e-mail or Campus Box 8401.

Provide the following information (other information may be helpful):

  1. Describe the incident
  2. Did you witness the incident yourself?
  3. When did the incident happen? (time and date)
  4. In which animal facility or principal investigator laboratory did this incident occur? (building name and room number and/or name of principal investigator)
  5. Have you reported the incident to anyone else, and if so, when and what action was taken?
  6. Your name and phone number or e-mail address. (optional)

You may provide the information anonymously and, to the extent that it is possible, the university will preserve your anonymity. It is helpful for the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee to have as much information as possible in order to conduct a thorough investigation.

The USDA Animal Welfare Regulations and North Carolina law provide specific protection for employees, IACUC members, or laboratory personnel against discrimination or other reprisals for reporting violations of the Animal Welfare Act. (whistleblower protection).