There are three ways to report your concerns. Please choose one of the following:
- To make your report completely anonymously, please go to ethicspoint.com or call 1-844-599-8786. Please note that if you use this method to make your report, the IACUC office will not be able to contact you for an update on the outcome of our investigation because we will not have your contact information.
- Contact the Office of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee at 919.515.7507 or e-mail email@example.com or Campus Box 7514. Talk to the IACUC Administrator, Judy Schledorn.
- Contact the University Attending Veterinarian, Dr. Gabriel McKeon, (919) 513-6638 (office) or (919) 390-5946 (cell) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Campus Box 8401.
Provide the following information (other information may be helpful):
- Describe the incident
- Did you witness the incident yourself?
- When did the incident happen? (time and date)
- In which animal facility or principal investigator laboratory did this incident occur? (building name and room number and/or name of principal investigator)
- Have you reported the incident to anyone else, and if so, when and what action was taken?
- Name of complainant and phone number or e-mail. (optional)
If you report to the IACUC Office or the University Attending Veterinarian, to the extent that it is possible, the university will preserve your anonymity. It is helpful for the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee to have as much information as possible in order to conduct a thorough investigation.
The USDA Animal Welfare Regulations and North Carolina law provide specific protection for employees, IACUC members, or laboratory personnel against discrimination or other reprisals for reporting violations of the Animal Welfare Act. (Whistleblower protection).