Training for Animal Users
Required Training for Faculty, Post Doctoral Associates, and Graduate Students Working with Live Animals: The AALAS Learning Library
Please contact Nina Zimmerman at email@example.com or 919.513.2616 OR Paula DeLong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.9532 for a login to access the AALAS Learning Library for the online Animal Subject Tutorial Training Module.
Training for Staff Working with Animals
The NCSU Animal Subjects Tutorial is designed for the use of NCSU faculty, staff, and students (Animal Care Technicians, Undergraduate Students Working with Animals). It is not intended to be used by external parties to complete or document the regulatory training required by the Animal Welfare Act.
Documentation Requirement for Hands-on Animal Care and Use Training
- Guidelines for Maintaining Training Documentation
- NCSU Animal Care and Use Training Log for Group/Class
- Animal Procedures and Documentation of Training/Experience
Other Opportunities for Training
The Laboratory Animal Resources division of the College of Veterinary Medicine has a collection of training materials available for viewing, and veterinarians and technicians who are capable of providing training in many general experimental animal procedures. See CVM LAR Forms.
- Lab Animal (Journal)
- National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR)
- IACUC Central (formerly IACUC.org Web Resources)
- NC Association for Biomedical Research (NCABR)
- NJ Association for Biomedical Research info on Inspections
- Foundation for Biomedical Research
- Federation of Animal Science Society
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Veterinary Medicine Association (AVMA)
- American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM)
- American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners (ASLAP)
- Bibliography on Alternatives to the Use of Live Vertebrates in Biomedical Research and Testing (ALTBIB)