Step 1: Identify funding & Write Your Proposal
- Funding Opportunities
- Federal Opps through Grants.gov
- Important Information for Sponsored Projects (including NCSU ID #s)
- Proposal Development Unit
- Gift vs. Sponsored Work
- Testing vs. Research
- CRO and AOR Definitions
Tip: Time to start thinking through compliance issues.
Step 2: Contact the College office
At least 8 business days in advance of deadline,contact your college research office and seek their prereview of RFP, Budget and Budget Justification.
Step 3: PINS
Upload the final version of your proposal in PINS. If the proposal requires your signature, consult your college office before signing it.
Initiate and approve PINS routing.
- Prepare a PINS Record
- PINS Help (Help Desk: 515-4267)
- Upload Documents into PINS
- Initiate PINS Routing and Approve
- Department Head, Center Director (if relevant) and college approve PINS Record
Note: If you are having difficulty logging into PINS, please call the help desk at 515-4267 or complete the PINS Userid Problems form.
Step 4: Proposal sent to the Sponsor after College Review
Work with your college research office to obtain signatures on your application.
Step 5: Report to your college any and all communications with the sponsor
Step 6: Get Funded!
Your commitment to responsible conduct is the only way for NC State to maintain public trust in our scholarly pursuits.
Obtain necessary compliance approvals: