By clicking Approve on the online routing screen within PINS the individual to whom the Unity id and password is connected is making the following relevant certifications and where thatUnity id and password are not that of the PI/Co-I’s department head, center director and dean or vice chancellor, then the Unity id that is recorded as having approved the proposal is the same as if it received the required personal review and personal approval of the PI/Co-I’s, department head, center director and dean or vice chancellor. Although delegation of proposal approval authority is not generally appropriate, in some circumstances it may be acceptable. Delegation of this signature authority should be carefully considered and clearly documented and should be pre-considered by the relevant dean or vice chancellor and the associate vice chancellor for research administration. Understand clearly that making false representations about or providing false information in this application and its supporting documents or in reports required under an ensuing award is a criminal offense (U. S. Code, Title 18, Section 1001).
Note: You may not object to any of these representations and certifications by making a note in any of the comments fields within PINS. Any such noted objections are null and void by clicking approve. Should you have any questions or concerns about these representations and certifications, contact Jeffrey Cheek, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration by phone at 515-2444 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators:
- Certifications and Representations dated 05/01/2008
- See prior Reps and Certs
- This is my original work and it is free of misconduct (falsification, plagiarism, fabrication).
- The proposed objectives are reasonable and attainable – I have the capability and wherewithal to do this project.
- The collaborations proposed are genuine and have been carefully reviewed and approved by the stated collaborators (all of your subrecipients have approved their involvement).
- All fiscal obligations, including cost sharing commitments from all university contributors and any and all third party contributors have been carefully reviewed and approved by those capable of
making such commitments on behalf of their unit or enterprise.
- I have on file a current and up to date conflict of interest disclosure and have considered my relationship with this sponsor and find it to either be free of a conflict of interest or consistent with a previously disclosed conflict of interest management plan.
- I understand that should I be selected for funding, I have an obligation to carefully review the terms and conditions of the resulting grant, contract or cooperative agreement and comply with said terms.
- I am familiar with all University Policies, rules and regulations pertaining to my responsibilities as an employee and the management of sponsored projects including Cost
Accounting Standards and other fiscal matters associated with sponsored agreements, regulatory compliance matters such as the need to seek approval prior to engaging human subjects, animal subjects, use radiological materials or other hazardous materials, etc. I understand the policies and
administrative regulations of NC State University with respect to its commitment to and compliance with the Drug Free Workplace act and the Equal Employment Opportunities act.
- I understand and will ensure that my objectivity in transferring know-how and technology will not be compromised.
- I understand and will fulfill my obligations to promptly disclose intellectual property pursuant to the intellectual property agreement in which I am bound as an employee of NC State University (which is consistent with the Bayh-Dole Act).
- I am not currently debarred or delinquent on any federal debt, including personal income taxes (according to Assistant Inspector General at the National Science
- I am not currently debarred, suspended or otherwise restricted from applying, managing or participating in federally funded programs.
- I have not and I am unaware that any agent of the University has engaged in lobbying the federal government in securing the funding for which this application represents.
- To the extent required by the terms of this proposal, the current and pending support reported in this proposal is complete and accurate. This funding request does not duplicate requests from other sponsors for the same work.
- I understand that any and all records generated from the work performed on this project are owned by NC State University and must be maintained for a minimum of 3 years OR as required by the sponsor
whichever is longer. Records include all laboratory notebooks, final data sets, the proposal, technical reports, continuation proposals, and all other paper and electronic records.
- By clicking approve on the approval screen within PINS I am stating that under penalty of perjury, I am making these certifications and representations personally and have not shared my access credentials with anyone else as is prohibited according to NC State University fundamental
covenants on administrative computer system access outlined in the following URL: http://oit.ncsu.edu/safe-computing
For Department Heads, Center Directors and Deans (or designees capable of making competent attestations to the following):
- Certifications and Representations dated 05/01/2008
- See prior Reps and Certs
- I have reviewed the proposal abstract and find that this project is consistent with the mission and objectives of the Department/Center/College and meritoriously warrants consideration by the chosen sponsor.
- The proposed objectives are reasonable and attainable – the space and unit resources (especially required cost match) necessary to support the project are available and will be made available should an agreement be accepted by the University for the proposed work.
- Proposed subcontracts have properly committed to their involvement in the project.
- The proposal budget, including cost sharing commitments from my unit and any and all third party contributors for which my unit is responsible have been carefully reviewed and approved by those capable of making such commitments on behalf of the unit or third-party enterprise.
- The PI and all Co-I’s for which I am administratively responsible have on file a current conflict of interest disclosure. To the extent this project represents a real or apparent conflict of interest, a properly established management plan is in place and to the best of my understanding, it is being properly followed.
- I understand that it is my unit’s obligation to support the PI in compliance with the terms and conditions of any resulting agreement and that this project does not warrant supplemental support beyond that available or anticipated to be available at time of award..
- I understand that any unallowable costs transacted by the PI and approved by my office are the responsibility of my unit.
- I am familiar with necessary university policies and procedures governing the supervision of faculty and staff and associated with the management of sponsored agreements including Cost Accounting standards and other fiscal matters.
- I trust that the work conducted and overseen by the PI is of the finest quality and results in an appropriate level of knowledge transfer, including publications and involvement of students.
- I (department head, director, dean) am not currently debarred, suspended or otherwise restricted from applying, managing or participating in federally funded programs. I am not aware that the investigators are debarred, suspended or otherwise restricted from applying, managing or participating in federally funded programs
- To the extent I am aware that any agent of the University has engaged in lobbying the federal government in securing the funding for which this application represents such efforts have been coordinated through or I will inform the NC State Office of Federal Affairs
- By clicking approve on the approval screen within PINS I am stating that I am making these certifications and representations personally and have not shared my access credentials with anyone else as is prohibited according to NC State University Fundamental Covenants on administrative computer system access.