Interdisciplinary NSF Research Traineeship:
Apply to become a PhD Fellow (2022 Cohort) in the Agricultural Biotechnology In Our Evolving Food, Energy, and Water Systems Research Traineeship
Deadline: FEBRUARY 1, 2021
AgBioFEWS Zoom Q&A (Recording & Transcript)
VIDEO: Q&A session with Dr. Fred Gould, GES Center co-director, and Dr. Dawn Rodriguez-Ward, AgBioFEWS program coordinator, recorded on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The Zoom session started with a brief presentation of the AgBioFEWS program, ending with questions from applicants interested in applying to the program.
IMPORTANT: Due to the COVID pandemic, we are recruiting AgBioFEWS Fellows a year in advance for the 2-year AgBioFEWS fellowship program scheduled to begin August 2022. The deadline is February 1, 2021 to apply for the first round of consideration.
Funding will be committed by the AgBioFEWS program for the 2021/2022 and the 2022/2023 academic years, but the main program activities will begin in August 2022. Each student’s PhD program will provide funding in subsequent years.
Please contact Dawn Rodriguez-Ward with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that your personal information is identical to what is submitted in your NC State Graduate School application.
- Complete this application in its entirety and remember to click ‘Submit Application‘ at the end.
- There is also the option to ‘Save and Continue,‘ which will generate a unique link that you may return to within 30 days.
- There is no fee to complete this form.
- There is no need to repeat specific information that is already included in your PhD program application as we will read your full application.
- We are interested in accepting students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds and perspectives. Students will work together to examine current and potential biotechnology products and their development pathways to assess if and how they can be used to improve food, energy, and water (FEW) systems for societal benefits. We are interested in elevating the level of public discussions on topics surrounding the use and implementation of biotechnology, not simply to be for or against biotechnology.
- Back to AgBioFEWS Home
- Meet AgBioFEWS Faculty
- Download AgBioFEWS Flyer
- Explore NC State PhD programs
- AgBioFEWS Press Release
- National Science Foundation NRT Announcement
- NSF Award Page (#1828820)
- Follow GES Center on Twitter and YouTube
If you have any questions regarding the AgBioFEWS program, the application form or essay questions, please use this form to contact us.