Career Panel in Risk Science | GES Colloquium
January 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Career Panel in Risk Science
- Moderator: Khara Grieger – Senior Research Scholar, GES Center, NC State
- Jennifer Kuzma – Goodnight-NC GSK Foundation Distinguished Professor, SPIA, and Co-Director, GES Center, NC State
- David Berube – Professor, Communication, and Director of PCOST, NC State
- Chris Cummings – Assistant Professor of Strategic Communication, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Amy Wang – Health Scientist, National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- Paul Price – Exposure Scientist, National Exposure Research Laboratory, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Are you interested in pursuing a career in risk science? If so, please join us to hear from 5 panelists who represent a range of careers in various aspects of risk, including Drs. Jennifer Kuzma and David Berube from NC State University, Chris Cummings from Nanyang Technological University, Amy Wang from NIEHS, and Paul Price from EPA. Each of the panelists will give a 5-minute lightning presentation on their backgrounds in risk science and areas of expertise in risk: assessment, communication, governance, and management. This will be followed by a facilitated discussion and Q&A session. We hope to see you there!
Lunch to follow.
Khara Grieger is a Senior Research Scholar in GES, specializing in risk assessment, risk governance, and decision support for emerging technologies. She is also leading an initiative to grow the field of risk science in the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area through funding provided by the Society for Risk Analysis (SRA). This symposium will be co-sponsored by the RTP chapter of SRA.