Click here to submit an event to share with the GES Community.
Perspectives on the new USDA regulation on GM crops | GES Colloquium
June 5, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Perspectives on the new USDA regulation on GM crops
Note: Colloquium will be held via Zoom until the university resumes normal operations. See Virtual Colloquium: Zoom Instructions for new registration information.
GES faculty will review how the new USDA rule changes regulation of GM crops in comparison to the agency’s previous regulatory approach and in light of findings from the 2016 NASEM GM Crops committee. Diverse perspectives on the new USDA rule will be shared followed by Q&A and discussion with the attendees.
- AgDaily: USDA updates & modernizes its biotechnology regulations
- Jennifer Kuzma – Biotechnology Oversight Gets an Early Make-Over by Trump’s White House and USDA: Part 2 – The USDA-APHIS Rule
- Jennifer Kuzma, Goodnight-NC GSK Foundation Distinguished Professor in the Social Sciences, Co-Director of the GES Center
- Fred Gould, University Distinguished Professor, Co-Director of the GES Center
- Heike Sederoff, Professor of Plant and Microbial Biology
- Jason Delborne, Professor of Science, Policy, and Society
- Todd Kuiken, Senior Research Scholar at the GES Center
- Khara Grieger, Senior Research Scholar at the GES Center
- Keith Edmiston, Professor of Crop & Soil Sciences & Extension Cotton Specialist
Moderated by: Zachary Brown, Associate Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Colloquium Zoom Registration/Meeting Information:
Register as Attendee/Join Zoom Meeting: https://ncsu.zoom.us/j/97681113603
Meeting ID: 976 8111 3603