The RED System is Getting an Upgrade
UPDATE 08/12/19: The system upgrade has been successfully completed, and as of 5:00 p.m. Aug. 12, 2019, Animal Care and Use module users should now again be able to access RED.
The Research Enterprise Data (RED) system is getting a slightly new look, as well as a number of enhancements. The RED system will be down from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on August 12, 2019, for a system-level upgrade. If you use the Animal Care and Use (IACUC) module, please keep this system downtime in mind and plan accordingly.
The most notable enhancements of the system upgrade are a new, improved menu navigation system and an autosave feature for forms (e.g., IACUC protocol applications, COI disclosures*).
*The Conflict of Interest (COI) module is still under development.
RED Homepage Menu Navigation
- Navigation menu fly-outs have been replaced with a new structure (example screenshots below).
- Also, icons next to the menu items have been removed.
Autosave Feature Added to Forms
- RED System forms (e.g., IACUC module forms) will now autosave in the background — meaning progress should no longer be lost due to network connectivity issues or the system login timeout that occurs after 60 minutes of inactivity.
- However, the autosave feature of the forms does not behave exactly as applications such as Google Docs, which do not require users to ever click “Save.”
- When a form has been completed, users must still first click “Save” before clicking “Submit.”