In 2014, the University of North Carolina System Office transitioned NC State’s funding opportunity database from COS Pivot to InfoEd SPIN. SPIN allows you to search for funding opportunities, as well as set up custom email alerts for opportunities that meet your search criteria. It is open to all faculty, staff and students of NC State.
You can use SPIN from any computer on the NC State campus without logging in. To create and save custom searches, you will need to create a user profile.
Profile requests must be approved manually. Within one business day, you will receive a confirmation email of your request, and from there you will be able to create a password and log in.
Steps to create your profile:
- Go to spin.infoedglobal.com
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on “Sign In”
- Click on “Need to create a new profile?”
- On the Create Profile page enter:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address (ncsu.edu email addresses only)
- Click Save in the upper right-hand corner
For instructions with screen shots, click here.
- Tips on setting up search filters
- InfoEd’s training videos
- Contact the Research Development Office with any questions