The Research Development Office (RDO) can assist faculty in finding research funding for individual, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary research funding.
RDO maintains a funding listserv, containing announcements of limited submissions, internal seed funding programs, and other items of interest. To subscribe, click here.
Research Development Office
The Office of Research and Innovation has announced a new new large-scale, interdisciplinary seed funding program to support the NC Plant Sciences Initiative
These opportunities are sponsored internally by NC State and include funding for research projects, faculty development, and infrastructure.
- Faculty Research and Professional Development Program (FRPD)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program (GRIP)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program for the Plant Sciences Initiative (GRIP4PSI)
- Laboratory Research Equipment Program (LREP)
- Non-Laboratory Scholarship/Research Support Program (NSRP)
- METRIC Pilot Project Program (MPPP)
- Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program (RISF)
The inter-institutional website features several opportunities offered through collaborations between NC State and its partners. Those opportunities include:
Some agencies limit the number of proposals an institution may submit to a specific program. This page includes a list of current limited submission opportunities with internal and external deadlines, along with information on the internal limited submission process, and instructions on how to submit your interest in an opportunity.
This page gives guidance for finding external funding opportunities, including foundations, corporations, government, and local agencies.
These scholar awards exist to assist early career faculty with jump-starting independent research.
The NC State research community has access to a large funding opportunity database, which may be accessed without a login from any on-campus computer.