The Research Development Office (RDO) can assist faculty in finding research funding for individual, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary research funding.
RDO maintains a funding communication system, containing announcements of limited submissions, internal seed funding programs, and other items of interest.Subscribe to receive funding related communications from RDO
Information about funding opportunities related to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be added to this page as they become available.
These opportunities are sponsored internally by NC State and include funding for research projects, faculty development, and infrastructure.
- Faculty Research and Professional Development Program (FRPD)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program (GRIP)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program for the Plant Sciences Initiative (GRIP4PSI)
- Laboratory Research Equipment Program (LREP)
- Non-Laboratory Scholarship/Research Support Program (NSRP)
- METRIC Pilot Project Program (MPPP)
- Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program (RISF)
The inter-institutional website features several opportunities offered through collaborations between NC State and its partners. Those opportunities include:
Some agencies limit the number of proposals an institution may submit to a specific program. This page includes a list of current limited submission opportunities with internal and external deadlines, along with information on the internal limited submission process, and instructions on how to submit your interest in an opportunity.
This page gives guidance for finding external funding opportunities, including foundations, corporations, government, and local agencies.
These scholar awards exist to assist early career faculty with jump-starting independent research.