Request PDU Services
As part of the commitment of the NC State Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development to developing and facilitating faculty research teams, the Proposal Development Unit supports faculty in the preparation of large-scale, multidisciplinary proposals by providing the following services:
- Consultation on proposal strategy
- Project team meeting facilitation to clarify project goals, implementation plans, and budgets
- Management of proposal schedule and communications
- Identification of additional faculty expertise and resources
- Planning and writing non-technical portions of the proposal (e.g., diversity, K-12 outreach, management, broader impacts, international program logistics, assessment, technology transfer, and/or economic development)
- Institutional data acquisition
- Proposal drafting, editing, and formatting
- Budget/justification preparation (including coordination of subcontract budgets) and submission for college research office approval
- Coordinate project team meetings, as well as workshops to collaborate and write
- Arrange WebEx and teleconference communications among team members
- Assist in developing cost sharing agreements, teaming agreements, NDA’s, etc.
- Collection and formatting of CVs, current and pending support forms, and other information required from each participating researcher
- Drafting of letters of support/commitment for NCSU and partner organization officials
- Populate PINS, Grants.gov, NSF FastLane, etc. and communicate with college research offices to arrange budget/proposal reviews and submission
- Coordination of funding agency site visits and review response reports.
Working with the Proposal Development Unit (PDU)
Our role is to assist faculty investigators in the development of large-scale (i.e., greater than $1 million), multidisciplinary research proposals. To accomplish this, Proposal Developers provide customized service to the PIs which may include finalizing proposal strategies, writing non-technical sections of the proposal, editing text, preparing budgets and budget justifications, coordinating with collaborating institutions, and ensuring compliance with the RFP. In addition to providing proposal and budget experience, the PDU also collects and formats CVs, completes Current & Pending Support forms, gathers Conflict of Interest information, and summarizes institutional data for required tables. By utilizing these services, investigators will have more time to concentrate on the development of high-quality research initiatives.
Because of the complex nature of these proposals, faculty members are encouraged to contact the PDU as early as possible to arrange an initial introduction and discuss how our team can be of assistance.
To request PDU support, please complete the “PDU Service Request” form.