The Research Development Office (RDO) is responsible for:
- Research Infrastructure and related services, such as administration and operation of shared core research facilities.
- Identification, management and support of Research Funding opportunities, including internal and external competitions and limited submissions.
- Oversight of Centers and Institutes and some other units focused on interdisciplinary research, instruction, and public service.
- Assisting faculty with strategic planning and development of large interdisciplinary proposals via its Proposal Development Unit.
Support and enable faculty to pursue their research goals through a set of proactive, capacity-building strategies that promote discovery, learning and service to increase the University’s competitive advantage and national/international prominence.
We support faculty and staff in their pursuit of cutting-edge research and advancement of NC State’s research portfolio by:
- Enhancing the ability of faculty to attract extramural support.
- Providing internal seed funding to foster innovative research directions.
- Offering access to robust shared resources, infrastructure, services, expertise, high-end instrumentation, and training.
- Fostering intra- and extra-mural interdisciplinary collaborations among faculty within NC State, as well as at the state, national, and international level.