Distribution Setup (HR)
Redistributions are used to adjust all payroll charges, including salary and benefits, made in previous periods. This includes both monthly and biweekly payroll charges.
- These adjustments are reflected in the Labor Distribution Report in the month in which they are processed, with the corresponding Pay Run ID of the pay period being adjusted.
- The journal entries are also reflected in the Financial System in the month in which they are processed.
- Paychecks for both monthly and biweekly employees are automatically available for redistribution once the payroll has processed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact with a redistribution question?
Email any questions pertaining to redistributions to email@example.com.
Always provide the following pertinent information when you call or email:
- Employee Name and ID Number
- Whether Employee is Paid Biweekly or Monthly
- Pay Period(s) that Need to be Redistributed
Explain the type of problem you are having that is preventing you from performing the redistribution.
What is the “90-Day Rule”?
Redistributions affecting ledger 5 (contract/grant) project IDs must be prepared on a timely basis — no later than 90 days after payroll charges post to the account. When a redistribution is entered into the system after the 90-day period (three pay cycles for monthly employees and six pay cycles for biweekly employees), the user will receive a system-generated notification that the redistribution is out of compliance and requires additional justification and approval. The action status will remain ‘Pending’ in the system until the justification has been approved by the Director of the Office of Contracts and Grants. Once approved, the action will be system-approved by C and G personnel and processed in the subsequent payroll period.
How do I know if a redistribution has been approved?
To check the status of a redistribution that required approval follow these steps:
- Log in to MyPack Portal.
- Go to: Human Resources Systems > Commitment Accounting > NCSU Redistributions > Update/Inquiry Redistribution.
- Enter values for the applicable fields into the query, then select “Search”.