The Office of Research Commercialization is the hub for all NC State startups based on university intellectual property. New Ventures provides the one-stop shop for a full suite of programs, resources and partners to support the launch and growth of university startups. Let us guide you to your next new venture.
The Office of Research Commercialization provides resources to NC State startups as they launch and scale businesses based on university innovations. New Ventures is:
- A sounding board for faculty and researchers evaluating a startup opportunity
- A network facilitator and organizer to connect strategic partners, the NC State startup ecosystem, and active entrepreneurs and investors.
- An education provider of workshops on topics supporting company creation and launch, including spin-out basics from the University, NSF Innovation Corps awards, and Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants
- A marketer of technologies suitable for entrepreneurs to launch new companies.
New Ventures works with many university and external partners including:
- The Entrepreneurship Clinic
- The Wolfpack Investor Network (WIN)
- Entrepreneurship Initiative (EI)
- Engineering Entrepreneurship Program (EEP) in the College of Engineering
- The Entrepreneurship Collaborative (TEC) in the Poole College of Management
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED)
- North Carolina Biotech Center (NCBC)
- Wireless Research Center of North Carolina
- NC SBTDC – Your Business Better