NC State’s Office of Research and Innovation and the Kenan Institute for Engineering, Technology & Science (KIETS) established the Strategic Research Initiative in 2010, which is now entitled Research and Innovation Seed Funding (RISF). The primary goal of the RISF program is to assist NC State researchers in developing innovative interdisciplinary programs that have strong potential for significant future external support from government agencies, corporations, industrial consortia or foundations. Encouraged are projects that align with NC State’s strategic research areas of health and well-being, energy and environment, safety and security, or advanced materials and advanced manufacturing. Proposed projects should be high risk/high gain and initiate new areas of research or enhance existing areas at NC State.
2019 Cycle Open
The Research and Innovation Seed Funding (RISF) program is open and is now accepting proposals from NC State faculty and EHRA professionals.
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday March 28, 2019.Full 2019 RISF RFP
- Proposal deadline: Thursday March 28, 2019
- Funding decisions announced: May 2019
- Award period: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2010
- Report deadlines: July 31, 2019; July 31, 2021
- 2019 RISF Request for Proposals (PDF)
- Proposal Cover Page Template
- Proposal Budget Template
- Interdisciplinarity Description Template
- Past Awards (Unity login required)
- Reporting Schedule (Unity login required; Includes link to report template)
Questions regarding this solicitation may be directed to:
Research Planning Manager