2023 Research Administration Development Plan
Each year, the Research Education and Training Team strategically outlines topics to support research administrators. Training offerings are categorized into four different groups, however, all training may not exclusively fall into these categories.
RA Training Series
Delivered by internal or external experts, this series
covers trending topics in the field, including soft
skills (leadership, management, etc.). Four or more will be added throughout the year.
- Think Like a Leader, Lead Like a Multiplier
- E-Retroactive Adjustment Form (RAF) Process Update Training
- Demystifying Participant Support Cost
- Research Compliance Panel Discussion
- Cost Share and OMAR
Strategically selected webinars will be purchased each semester, depending on availability. These will be shown live or on-demand. We plan to supplement these with NC State-specific training or panel discussions based on topic and need.
- NCURA NSPM-33: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- NCURA Agency Day: NIH
- NCURA Agency Day: NSF
- NCURA Agency Day: Q&A with OPERA
- NCURA Cost Scare Share: The Good, the Bad and the Horror!
- NCURA: Alice and the Terms & Conditions Rabbit Hole
- NCURA: NIH Fundamentals Workshop
- NCURA NIH Data Management & Sharing Policy * Budgeting and Application Tips and Tricks (or Treat?)
CRO Facilitated Discussions
These topic-based discussions will be on internal processes or used to present useful resources. They are specifically held for college research officers.
Four to be held in 2023:
- Summer Salary (March)
- Cost Share (May)
- Project Budget Approval (August)
- HERD Reporting (November)
NOTE: These discussions are not recorded and are open only to college research officers.
Content will be delivered via online modules, Moodle,
short videos, live virtual training, and hybrid models.
Four to be developed in 2023:
- NC State Sponsored Program Lifecycle
- Participant Support Costs
- Compliance Panel Discussion