2021 Research Administration Development Plan
For 2021, training offerings will be categorized into four different groups. However, all training may not be exclusive to these categories. Topics were chosen based on the 2019 RA Training Development survey results, needs identified by leadership and conversations with colleagues in Research Administration.
RA Training Series
Delivered by internal or external experts, this series
covers trending topics in the field, including soft
skills (leadership, management, etc.).
- Quarter 1: Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP)
- Quarter 2: Develop Your Leadership Potential
- Quarter 3: How to Think Like an NIH Manager, Busy vs. Productive
- Quarter 4: Foreign Influence and Export Control Compliance for Research Administrators, Equipment and Fabricated Equipment Panel Q+A, New Vendor Demo, GSSP Update
Strategically selected webinars will be purchased each semester, depending on availability. These will be shown live or on-demand. We plan to supplement these with NC State-specific training or panel discussions based on topic and need.
- Quarter 1: NCURA: Managing Stress, Anxiety and Fear in Pandemics, SRAI: New International Privacy Regulations
- Quarter 2: NCURA: Cost Transfers, NCURA: Navigating “It Depends”
- Quarter 3: NCURA: Subawards and Subrecipient Monitoring, NCURA: Developing Compelling Budget Justifications, NCURA: In-N-Out: Here’s What PI Transfers Are All About
- Quarter 4: NCURA: Audits: What’s Hot
CRO Facilitated Discussions
These topic-based discussions will be on internal processes or used to present useful resources. They are specifically held for college research officers.
- Quarter 1: Project Modification Request (PMR)
- Quarter 2: Participant Support Costs
- Quarter 3: Data Use Agreements and MTAs
- Quarter 4: Research Incentives
NOTE: These discussions are not recorded and are open only to college research officers.
Content will be delivered via online modules, Moodle,
short videos, live virtual training, and hybrid models.