2022 Research Administration Development Plan
For 2022, training offerings will be categorized into four different groups. However, all training may not be exclusive to these categories.
RA Training Series
Delivered by internal or external experts, this series
covers trending topics in the field, including soft
skills (leadership, management, etc.).
- Intro to Research Admin Offices
- Systems – PI Portal Overview; IACUC RED Training, Jan. 24 and 25; Conflict of Interest RED Training, Feb. 4 and 5
- Regulatory Compliance: IACUC Overview, Research Integrity
- NSF Submission Best Practices
- Connecting People to Purpose: The Impacts of Research Administrators on Society
- Proposal Modification Requests (PMRs) System Subaward Updates
Strategically selected webinars will be purchased each semester, depending on availability. These will be shown live or on-demand. We plan to supplement these with NC State-specific training or panel discussions based on topic and need.
- NCURA: Work Smarter, Not Harder: The Tools, Methods and Technology to Increase Productivity!
- NCURA: Agency Updates with OMB, NSF and NIH
- NCURA: ORCID and the OSTP Guidance on NSPM-33
- NCURA: The Latest in Audits
- NCURA: Cost Share: Tackling the Challenges
- NCURA: Roles and Responsibilities: How to Assess and Create Clarity
- NCURA: Successfully Onboarding Your Staff in the Virtual World
CRO Facilitated Discussions
These topic-based discussions will be on internal processes or used to present useful resources. They are specifically held for college research officers.
Four to be held in 2022:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Academic Scholars
- Cost Share
- Open Forum
NOTE: These discussions are not recorded and are open only to college research officers.
Content will be delivered via online modules, Moodle,
short videos, live virtual training, and hybrid models.
Four to be developed in 2022:
- Award Review Training – Currently in development
- Sponsored Programs Lifecycle – Currently in development
- Regulatory Key Concepts
- Effort and Effort Reporting