Office of Research Commercialization Advisors (ORCA) Network
The Office of Research Commercialization Advisors (ORCA) program is designed to provide a comprehensive way for a broad range of external advisors and expert management to engage with NC State startups and research teams.
About the ORCA Network
Levels of Engagement
- An entry-level position for external advisors to learn more about NC State startups and opportunities that exist within the network
- Receive the ORC monthly newsletter highlighting upcoming engagement opportunities with NC State startups and teams
- Includes invitations to specific ORCA networking events and ORCA swag
- Members will be asked to fill out a form to understand their background and interests in working with NC State startups
- A volunteer subject matter expert
- Mentors bring experience in specific business roles or technical disciplines to help answer specific questions or in planning for an inflection point for a startup
- Attend action-oriented meetings to help teams make decisions
- Opportunity to work with startups and research teams one-on-one for regular meetings to accomplish a goal (ex. NC State I-Corps Program)
- Ways for Mentors to engage:
- Become an I-Corps regional or national mentor
- Assist startups with external management recruitment
- Connect mentees to potential partners and investors
- Attend Think and Do meetings
A general networking event will be held quarterly to encourage membership, engagement with the ORC startup community, and updates on ways to be involved in ORC programs. Locations will rotate throughout the campus and community.
Think & Do Meetings
- “Think” Meetings: ORC is seeking feedback on the market opportunities for a specific technology.
- “Do” Meetings: ORC is seeking feedback on the specific milestones/inflection points for an NC State startup.
ORC Annual Showcase
An annual event to highlight the strength of the Pack! Startups will have the opportunity to network, and startups at various stages will give their 10-minute pitch presentations as attendees celebrate a year of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Interested in joining the ORCA Network?