The goals of the PackStart Program are:
- To assist the company in getting to market quicker by providing services and support that allow the startup to focus of technology and business development,
- Reduce the costs necessary to launch the startup company, and
- Make the appropriate connections to opportunities and strategic partners.
The PackStart Program services are provided as needed by the startup company.
Services & Education
Services available to NC State Startups under the PackStart Program include:
- Licensing Intellectual Property to form a startup company
- Understanding, Protecting, and Managing Intellectual Property (patents, copyright, trademarks, and know-how)
- Business Model and Plan Development Support
- Strategic Guidance
- Logo Development
- Website Development
- Shared Incubator Space at HQ Raleigh
- Discounted Tech Incubator Space on Centennial Campus
- Connections to Strategic Partners
- Connections to Funding Opportunities
- Access to Daugherty Endowment Business Plan Competition
- Grant Writing Support
- Access to New Venture LinkedIn Group
- Updates on funding and strategic opportunities through our New Venture Twitter feed
- Featured on Office of Research Commercialization Startups page
- Guidance navigating the Triangle Innovation Ecosystem
- Pitch Presentation Coaching
- Connections to Strategic Partners through our Venture Innovation Partner (VIP) Network
- Startup Professional Service Directory
The Office of Research Commercialization (ORC) holds quarterly PackStart Workshops for NC State faculty members and research teams interested in forming a startup company. These workshops provide an introduction to ORC services and provide an opportunity for faculty to ask questions about how ORC facilitates the launch, support, and growth for NC State startups.
Interested in learning more or attending a PackStart Workshop?
Contact Research Commercialization Program Manager, Amy Parker