The Sweat Equity Challenge (SEC) is a competitive application idea challenge that gives you the tools needed to turn your app or software idea into an NC State Startup! SEC is designed to gather the best app ideas from the NC State community and then connect them with the funding and technical expertise necessary to make them a reality.
Open to anyone within the NC State family (including undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and employees of all kinds), SEC assists NC State innovators with:
- obtaining real voice of customer and market feedback to validate the idea,
- funding the professional development of a prototype
- launching a startup around the technology
- connecting that startup with the VC and entrepreneurial community
Great ideas abound but lack professional coding and business development support
- Do you have a software idea just waiting to be launched?
- Don’t know if your idea has a market?
- Need coding support? Need help building your team?
- Do the scenarios to the right sound like you?
A software development program with built in market validation and professional prototype creation and support. Office of Research Commercialization’s Sweat Equity Challenge can help you turn your app idea into the next great NC State startup.
- If you have a great app or software idea…
- If you want to explore launching a startup company…
- If you have a project that you started but needs professional coding or support
Do you have questions? Inquiries?
Reach out to Tim Martin, Senior Licensing Associate