There are two options for completing online Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) training, either through the CITI Program or through an authorized NC State course.
RCR Training through the CITI Program
How to Enroll:
- Once you are logged in to the CITI Program, click the View Courses button next to the university name.
- Scroll down to the Learner Tools for North Carolina State University box, and click Add a Course.
- You will see a list of questions. Select CITI Responsible Conduct of Research (NC State University) under Question 3. (note – you can select multiple courses at the same time) and click Submit.
- Confirm that the course has been added to your Courses Ready to Begin list.
Note: In order to pass and receive credit for completion of a course, all required modules must be completed with an average score of at least 80% on all quizzes. The CITI Program will notify the NC State RCR Administrator of your completion, and a completion report and certificate will be sent to you for your records.
Alternate Forms of Approved RCR Training
Pursuant to RUL 10.15.01 – Training in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), the following courses have been authorized as compliant with the components of RCR education expected by the institution and federal regulations.
In order for an Authorized Course to satisfy the RCR requirements, participants must have either taken one of the alternate courses within the last (3) years or be currently enrolled.
- CBS 662: Professional Conduct in Biomedical Research
- BIT 815K: Research Ethics
- ENT 504 (formerly ENT 791E): Professional Development for Entomologists
- GN 850: Professionalism and Ethics
- PA 810: Research Ethics and Professional Socialization
- PHI 816: Introduction to Research Ethics
- BIT 501: Ethical Issues in Biotechnology
- PSY 820.2: Ethics in Psychology
- TOX 820B: Responsibility in Science
- FW 730: Ethics for Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology Professionals
- ANS 610/810: Safety and Ethics in Animal Science
- GGS 840: Professional Development and Ethics
Note to Faculty: To submit a course for consideration, please email the RCR Administrator at email@example.com.